Church Interior

BackdoorArts

Our church platform needed rearranging for a kids' Christmas program on Friday, so when I was done I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to try some large room, natural light interiors. Each of these are 3 exposure +/-2 bracketed HDR's merged in HDR Efex Pro 2. Room was too dark to shoot below ISO 200 and get anything shorter than 30 seconds for the base exposure. I'm pretty happy, as was the pastor when I surprised him with them. Wish I'd been able to better center the fisheye shot, but I could barely see through the viewfinder and was leaning over top of a keyboard to get the camera as far back as possible. LOL

8267030575_52741ed0a5_o.jpg

8267030477_dcb3621fc1_o.jpg

Last edited:

AC016

Love them. I would not have even known that they were HDR if you did not tell us..... and that is how HDR photos should be! If people know they are HDR, then you have done it wrong!

BackdoorArts

Thanks, folks. Lighting wasn't too horrible outside of just being very dark, which I believe helped with the natural look using only 3 exposures. Had the sun been coming through some of the upper or side windows things would have been very different - but then, I might not have needed to boost the ISO and I could have shot a bigger series. HDR can be a very fun and useful tool - as well as a bit of a crutch, which I need to watch. But it sure beats hauling lights around. LOL