sb700 or 910??

n4mv3t

G'day Guys and Gals ... I have a D5100 and am a "learner" and will (perhaps) only ever be an amateur in the photography arena, but one never knows where my "can I do this" will take me ... I have basically decided, after reading the advice on the forum, to get an SB700 flash, however I have 2 questions ... firstly, what advantages would I gain in considering/getting an SB910 ... in replying please remember that you are replying to a "how does this work" rookie
second question is about a possible supplier ... a website I have found is as follows ... Nikon SB-700 Flashes Speedlites and Speedlights :: Nikon :: Flashes - eGlobaL Digital Cameras Online Store ... if anyone on nikonites has had any experience with that website (good, bad or indifferent) I would appreciate your input ... but at $255 (which is way below the regular $300+ elsewhere) for an SB700 I am very tempted to purchase from them (as payment is via paypal I assume that it "guaranteed") ... as always, I will appreciate any advice ... thanks ... n4mv3t

Mike150

Howdy n4mv3t (by any chance is that referring to Nam Vet?)
I was comparing these when I selected my SB700. I didn't think that the increased functions of the 910 would ever be used based on my limited skills, and therefore did not warrant the extra costs.

You can always go to one of the major online camera sites ( i.e. B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders ), search for the two speed lights and do a spec. comparison.

pedroj

The SB910 can control multiple flashes the SB700 can only control 2 other flashes...

I think this information is right...Google it

n4mv3t

Howdy n4mv3t (by any chance is that referring to Nam Vet?)
I was comparing these when I selected my SB700. I didn't think that the increased functions of the 910 would ever be used based on my limited skills, and therefore did not warrant the extra costs.

You can always go to one of the major online camera sites ( i.e. B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders ), search for the two speed lights and do a spec. comparison.
Thanks Mike ... yes, am an Aussie Viet Vet (platoon medic) ... checked out the website you recommended, unfortunately they won't/can't ship to Australia

n4mv3t

The SB910 can control multiple flashes the SB700 can only control 2 other flashes...

I think this information is right...Google it
thanks Pedroj ... hadn't thought of Google (usually do, so maybe I am getting old :) ...) ... am leaning toward the 700 as is physically smaller and lighter and seems it will do all that I may ever want