New to DSLR photography

UserName

Hello folks my name is Adam and I just recently purchased a new D5100 for my wife and I. This is our first DSLR camera and its a bit overwhelming. Looking forward to learning alot! Any newbie tips for this rig is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Ironwood

Hi Adam, welcome to the forum. The D5100 is a great camera. Which lens/lenses have you got ?

If I can offer any advice, it is to read the manual, it is helpful to know what all the controls are for. And start taking plenty of photos.

RockyNH_RIP

Hi Adam!

Welcome to the forum, home of many warm and friendly folk happy to share with you...
I have the same camera (about 90 days...)

Pat in NH

UserName

Hi Adam, welcome to the forum. The D5100 is a great camera. Which lens/lenses have you got ?

If I can offer any advice, it is to read the manual, it is helpful to know what all the controls are for. And start taking plenty of photos.

I have the 18-55 VR lens that came with the camera.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

UserName

Ok after having to return my first 5100 I was able to purchase a replacement today. I would have to sayI feel like Best Buy really hooked me up. Got the D5100 kit with 18-55 lens AND Nikkor 55-200 DX VR lens for a little over $750 out the door including our 10% sales tax. Camera was $549 and lens was $149 since I purchased the camera at the same time. Hard to beat that deal!

UserName

uploadfromtaptalk1356402713425.jpg