yet another new person

rscarl

hello everyone my name is carl got me self a d3200 and wanna turn pro hope i can grab other peoples advice and hints. the main reason i got the camera is i have a marine fish tank setup and i wanna do very close up shots of my corals and fish. does anyone else do the same be interesting to speak with you. hope to chat to a few of you and listen to your advice.

thanks carl

eurotrash

Going pro? Read lots of books, spend lots and lots of time researching various photographic techniques as well as other photographers' work and dedicate the time required to advance.

I highly recommend that you, as a person learning photography, try excersises where you tackle all your photography for one week with your camera in manual mode. You'll learn much more about light and shutter speed and fstops, much moreso than paying attention to photography forums and blogs.

Read this and do all of them:
http://improvephotography.com/1415/21-things-you-can-do-today-to-change-your-photography-forever/

Then,
Grab yourself a macro lens to shoot your fishies and start experimenting in manual photography! Good luck! ..Or, a 50mm.. Either would likely work pretty well.

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

hello everyone my name is carl got me self a d3200 and wanna turn pro hope i can grab other peoples advice and hints. the main reason i got the camera is i have a marine fish tank setup and i wanna do very close up shots of my corals and fish. does anyone else do the same be interesting to speak with you. hope to chat to a few of you and listen to your advice.

thanks carl

Hi Carl, welcome to Nikonites... great place to visit and share pics, ideas etc...

If you are turning pro now, tell us a bit of some of prior experiences that make you ready for that jump. What were you shooting with before the Nikon?? Share some of your images that are near pro quality, woul dlove to see them.

Pat in NH

rscarl

right let me explain i am no near pro ha ha ha just a beginner with a big imagination i have pictures of my fish and corals now but would love to know how to make them better at the moment i can post some pictures of what i have taken now and i can post pictures of what i wanna gain but i am looking for the information on how to get to that position ??

pedroj

Welcome...As well as learning to set your camera to produce the images you want, PP Post Processing can be a big part photography....

RockyNH_RIP

right let me explain i am no near pro ha ha ha just a beginner with a big imagination i have pictures of my fish and corals now but would love to know how to make them better at the moment i can post some pictures of what i have taken now and i can post pictures of what i wanna gain but i am looking for the information on how to get to that position ??

Carl, also a newbie here... Best advice I can give...
1. Read the manual, with camera in hand...
2. Take lots of pictures using various elements of your cameras creativity
(get off auto, practice with all the semi modes, aperturture, shutter etc)
3. When you have questions, check the manual again...
4. biggest thing to understand is LIGHT how much and why it affects your photos in various way.

Many videos on You Tube.. search them for topics that interest you...
Post up pics here with questions... (there is a Critique forum but read the Rules

Take pictures, and more and more... analyze what youy like and dont, then try to figure out how ro make it better.

Thats about all a Noob can share... but its a good start.

Pat in NH