Daredevil's B&W photos

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
8171318895_79a562d75d_b.jpg

Nice picture, was this in Vietnam by any chance?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks Marcel! Yes, this picture is shot Hmong ethnic minority village called Lung Tam Village in Ha Giang province.

I did some to but we were around Sapa. I thought I did recognize the landscape, but it wasn't exactly what I saw.
When and how long were you there for? I was around Sapa Nov 5-7th.

daredevil123

I did some to but we were around Sapa. I thought I did recognize the landscape, but it wasn't exactly what I saw.
When and how long were you there for? I was around Sapa Nov 5-7th.

I was there from 31 Oct till 5th November. Sapa is nice too, just that I prefer less touristy areas and Ha Giang is as non-touristy as it gets. The Sa-Phin and Pho Cao backdate markets there are absolutely stunning.

You can see my pictures from the trip here:

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I was there from 31 Oct till 5th November. Sapa is nice too, just that I prefer less touristy areas and Ha Giang is as non-touristy as it gets. The Sa-Phin and Pho Cao backdate markets there are absolutely stunning.

You can see my pictures from the trip here:

Part 1
Part 2

Real nice pics. Seems it was a little colder than in Sapa.
I agree with your touristy perception of Sapa, but it was my first time there and we were following a touristy schedule.
I've posted a few pics too in my 366 thread. http://nikonites.com/project-365-daily-photos/4382-marcels-366__2012-a.html

They probably are near the end as I only came back two weeks ago.

Thanks for sharing.