Visited a studio today

Geoffc

I went to a studio open day today and got a chance to take some pictures of their model. It was good to use some proper lights with the pocket wizard triggers. It's also nice to have someone who is happy to have their picture taken as the family all hide when I get the camera out. I'm still waiting for the D600 to arrive so these are with the D300. I don't think they would have been any better with the D600 anyway.

Studio open day by Teerecks, on Flickr

The set is here Studio open day - a set on Flickr

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
Nice! I like the white background set best. Something about nothingness of white that is very gentle to my eyes. No wrinkles to distract me maybe or something, not quite sure.

As for noticing a difference w/ the D600, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how very different everything is on a full frame camera. I guarantee that once you've shot your D600 for a few weeks straight and then pick up your D300, you'll find a world of difference. I didn't notice much going from a DX to a full frame but I most certainly noticed a huge difference going back the other way.

Geoffc

Dave,

I know one thing, my 70-200 will be more use on FX for portrait work. When I used it today I had to stand on the other side of the studio because of the DX crop.