D7000 further Price Drop ?

WhiteLight

Do you reckon there would be a further price drop in the costs of the D7000?
Am just about to order one online as a gift for my wife for Christmas.
If not now, the next option would be in March as it's her birthday.
Any chances the costs may fall further in the next 3 months?
Or should i just go ahead & order it now :D

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
No one knows for sure. At that price, if I wanted one, I'd just get it. Maybe it will come down another 50 or 100$, but she wouldn't have it for X-mas. ;)

WhiteLight

Thanks Marcel.
My thoughts exact.
Just wanted to hear this form someone else other than the voice in my head i guess ;)
SO am off to order the body only, no added lens as i already have 3 lenses...
Anyone think its a better idea to get the 18-105 as well (currently have the 18-55, 35, 70-300)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks Marcel.
My thoughts exact.
Just wanted to hear this form someone else other than the voice in my head i guess ;)
SO am off to order the body only, no added lens as i already have 3 lenses...
Anyone think its a better idea to get the 18-105 as well (currently have the 18-55, 35, 70-300)

Why not add a 50 1.8 D or g with that? It would give you a nice low light portrait lens.

Rick M

Some places have price protection for 30 days after you buy (usually when bought at a store not online). Might be worth looking for that.

fotojack

I know you want to buy new, but I've seen D7000's used go for as low as $650 around here where I live. It might be an option for you....save some money. :)

nikonpup

reading my retirement rag from "aarp" they say the next camera discounts will come after the camera trade shows in january when new models will be introduced.