Pop-Up doesn't work. External?

Shah Thaj

Hello :)
I posted about my D3100 and it's flash not working sometime ago.. and when I sent it to the Service center, they responded saying that there was a short circuit from dropping the camera.
Now I know I never dropped it.. And there're atleast 5 Nikons with this problem over there.
Instead of fixing this for around 400$ here, Is it better off buying an external flash? Would it still work?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I would try to negotiate with them keeping your ground that you never dropped it of banged it. Sometimes they need a little persuasion to cover their problem. If you bought it from a dealer, I'd try to get them involved to help you get satisfaction.

But if they refuse to repair at their cost, maybe you should just get another flash (go into a dealer to try it before just to make sure it would work). If an external won't work, then get another camera and keep that one for backup.

Good luck.

AC016

When someone accuses me of something, i always ask them to prove it. What is their proof in this case? I would not stand for that. $400 to get it repaired?? Just buy a new camera if that is really how much it will cost. Is this a real Nikon authorized service center? How old is the camera? Just like when you go to the doctor, i would get a second opinion.