Just introducing myself

Danny

I'm new to this forum as you may probably be able to tell. Actually, this is my first post in a photography forum. I love Black and White but also shoot color but most of my posts will be here. Um, I'm 16 and jobless right now so I obviously don't have a DSLR sadly. :( . But I do own 3 SLR 35mm film cameras (Canon AE1, EOS Rebel XS and EOS Rebel XSN) that I love, a Samsung WB150F (my first camera when I got serious about photography) and I just recently purchased a Nikon L810 from a nearby pawnshop. Forgive me for babbling on. I kind of just wanted to know any tips or tricks (that apply to all cameras, not just DSLRs) for getting good Black and White results?? I'm self taught and have read up on my photography jargon over the months so don't worry about me not understanding. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Danny

By the way, as I stated I'm new to this forum so if I'm in the wrong section, I'd appreciate it if a moderator could move it to the appropriate location.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
The best tip I could give you is to take your pictures in color and then convert to B&W with Photoshop or your imaging program of choice. This would give you the best results and would let you use filter effects just by playing with selective color saturation before or during your B&W conversion.

Welcome to Nikonites!

Danny

The best tip I could give you is to take your pictures in color and then convert to B&W with Photoshop or your imaging program of choice. This would give you the best results and would let you use filter effects just by playing with selective color saturation before or during your B&W conversion.

Welcome to Nikonites!

Thank you very much sir :)