Artistic male nude

disciplerocks

Well I have been asked if I would do some male nude photos. I do not know the person, and have never shot male nudes. I do not want to turn down work, but I'm not sure on this one.

Need some tips. I am thinking black and white with deep shadows. Going to have to research some poses. I am comfortable enough to do that.

Also where? Their place, or mine. I almost always have my wife with me on shoots, and I have this thought in the back of my head of something going horribly wrong and the guy is not in it for the photos.

What is everyone's thoughts?

TedG954

If you feel comfortable taking your clothes off.... go for it. Be sure to pick poses that accentuate your best attributes.

CD7000

Wow! Lot's of thought's in this one. I would say what the heck why not go for it. As long as your professional it should be just like any other shoot. I say shoot at his house, do not take the wife but maybe an apprentice (Over 21). And besides....who cares about nudes...this person may want a naked a$$ picture of themselves. Is that such a bad thing.

I started off shooting Female nudes before I went professional.A girl in my photo class wanted me to shoot some photos of her to give to her husband. They really turned out great. She showed them to everyone and I ended up shooting many of her friends and getting paid for it. a couple of years later I ended up shooting the same girl, her husband and their new baby all nude. They hung it in their living room.
Whatever you shoot just do it in good taste. Remember, less is more.

disciplerocks

I am fairly certain that I can do this. I have done female nudes. My main concern is my safety. I just feel uneasy about the guy and how he has approached me. It took 5-6 emails for him to tell me he was a guy, and to give me his first name. Then he sent some pictures and cut his face off.

RockyNH_RIP

I am fairly certain that I can do this. I have done female nudes. My main concern is my safety. I just feel uneasy about the guy and how he has approached me. It took 5-6 emails for him to tell me he was a guy, and to give me his first name. Then he sent some pictures and cut his face off.

First thought (actually first was to "carry") would be if you are really nervous, just politely decline... nevefr done, not my style etc...

next thought, if nervous but want to try.. meet at public eatery, grab a quick bite and discuss what he is looking for in the shoot. Have a park nearby, go take some clothed shots just for practice.. If that all goes smooth, and you develop a repoir (sp), then go for it.. if not, back to 1st thought.

Pat in NH