Nikon D7000 or D5100

Max

I'm trying to buy Nikon but so confused as to what to get? Should I get D5100 OR D7000 I Like videography, too, so what will be good for me? What lens is good for videography?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin H

Re: Nikon D7000

am trying to buy Nikon but so confuse what to get? Should Iget D5100 OR D7000 I Like to videography too so what will be good for me? Whatleans is good for videography?
Buy a video cam for that buy a camera for potography

Somersetscott

Re: Nikon D7000

Don't forget the new D5200 is out soon.

I'm holding out for a D7000 replacement - no news on one yet though.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BackdoorArts

With the price drop that has happened this month I'd be all over the D7000. You could always wait for what's coming next, but expect that to be in the price the D7000 used to be - and perhaps a bit more. Hard to beat this camera at either price.

Sandpatch

Go to the store and play with both to see which suits best in weight and fit to your hand. I found each camera to be distinctly different. If you're not happy with its feel, the specifications won't matter much.

Somersetscott

the spare time I had at Copenhagen Airport the last 3 buisness trips I spent in Dixons travel comparing the two :rolleyes: would have been rude not to - D7000 felt better, focuses better, just everything seemed better!
that said I do like the flippy outie screen for an unusal perspective shot in 'street photography' etc and the price of the D5100..

But personal opinion, I'd go for the D7000 out of the two.

Also had a good go on a few of the canons :eek:, urghk! not a fan at all D7 was the best model they had and it was horrendous to hold and use. :)

eurotrash

^Agreed. My neighbor had a 7D and by god, was that thing difficult to understand.. not only were there seemingly no buttons in the places that I wanted them, but it was just insane inside those menus.. Another reason I go Nikon or bust. (Well, Nikon or Fuji. Still wish they made pro bodies, I'd have me one in a heartbeat..) He eventually got a 5Dmkiii just to look like a badass. Too bad I still take better pictures than he does :eek:ffended: