Stroboscopic mode

eurotrash

I've searched around on our friend the Google and can't seem to find any real information or tutorial on using the stroboscopic mode on the D7000. Does anyone have experience with this? Ideally, would like to walk towards the camera and have "ghost" images show up, with the last one being crisp and in focus. Kind of a ghostly self portrait.

Edit: Hoping to do this with an SB600

Last edited:

eurotrash

Thanks for the link Hippie! That link is a very basic tutorial on commander mode and I already knew all of that information.
It doesn't pertain exactly to what I'm attempting to do (Nonetheless great info though.)
I didn't see any options for using the stroboscopic mode with a off camera flash, but perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough or in the correct place. I tried using the mode outdoors last night to get that shot I originally wanted, but the built in flash just didn't light up far enough for what I was attempting. Maybe the image in my mind just can't be captured with just one flash... I'll have to think more about this one. It's a pretty advanced technique too, I'm venturing into uncharted waters here!

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

I'm up to my neck in work, but the blog writer put together an excellent companion for the D7000 that walks you through the User Guide with practical explanations and personal experiences and preferences. Not being someone who uses a flash very often I did not pay careful attention, but I believe that the Commander Mode may allow you to disable the built-in flash as your default and set up another flash (Group A/B) as your default TTL flash. Then, going back to the Repeating Flash menu, perhaps it would cause the external flash to fire? Just guessing.

And in case anyone think I'm savant-like in my ability to remember the D7000's menus, I have this page bookmarked. Comes in awfully handy!!