Links to products within posts

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
You'll notice that there are now links to the product section of the site within posts when a specific product is mentioned. Matches will be made whenever they can be, but will not link to the same product more than once in a post.

Please post here if you see something being linked to incorrectly.

Might be nice if once you go to the product section there were links to retailers that sell the product. Maybe the companies that advertise on this site. Link to each one and also to Google so we could compare prices etc.
Just an idea.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Might be nice if once you go to the product section there were links to retailers that sell the product. Maybe the companies that advertise on this site. Link to each one and also to Google so we could compare prices etc.
Just an idea.

Some already exist, mainly for Amazon, but yeah - I'd like to add more
Any chance we could get the intrasite links to be a different color than the extrasite ones?

I wish I could, but that may require some coding.

If you want a UK camera price comparison site to add to the above suggestion, try Camera Price Comparison From CameraPriceBuster.co.uk

Would it also be possible to update links on the product pages to threads where the product is mentioned (but stripping out mentions in signatures)... call it a reverse lookup to what you have setup above.

I'd love to link back to pages that mention a specific product - that's been on my to-do list :) I do something similar with cellphoneforums.net, but it uses a different system.