Hello From SC

trippthompson

As I was trying to get my passion back for photography I found your little corner of the web. Back in the late 80's while I was in school at Clemson I rarely left my apartment without a SLR and an assortment of lenses, even going to parties. I think my body then was a N 400. Anyway, did not really like the digital part of it and the camera controlling the apperture so I went to the campus camera shop and got a manual Minolta X-700. Loved that camera and still use it if I want to shoot BW film.

Got a new Nikon body in '99 in Spain, it was a F70. It was ok but something about it I was not crazy about so later I got a N 80. Liked that but everything started going digital. It took me a few years but I finally caved and got a D 70. The digital craze got me and I started leaving the 70 at home for the P & s.. I eventually lost the passion for photagraphy and was just taking snapshots.

On to the present, I want the passion back. I am now the proud owner of a new D 800. I have a handfull of FX lenses and My DX will suffice until I can upgrade. Can't promise to post here much right now but willl be lurking and may have a question or two. Well that is my story, hope to learn a thing or two while here.