Getting back in the game...

mshort

I'm looking to purchase my first DSLR this week and I'm new to the forum.

I have two lenses that I kept from my old n90s film camera. The first is a Tokina AT-X Pro 28-70 (f/2.6) and the second is a Sigma 70-200 (f/2.8). I'm deciding between the D7000, D5100, and D3200. Probably a stupid question, but will these old lenses fit on the cameras?

Do you think that I will get better pictures with a new slower lens like this(Amazon.com: Nikon D7000 DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR Kit with 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR II ED Nikkor Lens: NIKON: Camera & Photo) that is part of a package?

Last question, I also have a Sunpak Power Zoom 5000AF (for Nikon). Will this work on these bodies?

Truly appreciate any help you can provide!

pedroj

Welcome...Not sure if the lens you have have the AF motor in them if not they wont AF on the D5100

They will auto focus on the D7000 and are capable of producing great images on it...

aZuMi

I don't think D5100 and D3200 will also work with your lenses, but D7000 will work perfectly. I would recommend that body without reservations.

Since you already have fast zooms, you might as well invest with the best out of the 3 you mentioned.

stmv

you don't say your budget,

my first recommendation would be D600, FX that would really be a nice match for your old glass.

otherwise,

as group says, 100% D7000, or used D700, and or D300.

no,, your flash will not work, have to buy the newer digital camera flash units.