CarrySpeed CS-3 Camera Strap

dragion

I ordered the CarrySpeed CS-3 camera strap today and was wondering if anyone has any experience regarding them?

I was planning on getting the Black Rapid, but saw this as an alternate and preferred the way this attaches to the camera better...plus it is costs less.

Any comments will be appreciated.

mr2_serious

I have one with just the fat strap and the connector. The strap is very COMFORTABLE. The idea is pretty good but some more research could have gone into it.
Depending on how heavy your body and lens are the connector may squeak(it is metal on metal). I thought that it may have been my copy of the connecter so I bought a second one to try out and the same squeak was there.
I know only use it when I'm outdoors.
Indoors I use my custom slr strap and clip or clamp(I cannot recall the name)
One other strap you could have looked at is the joby strap. It just came out one or two months ago.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

dragion

I have one with just the fat strap and the connector. The strap is very COMFORTABLE. The idea is pretty good but some more research could have gone into it.
Depending on how heavy your body and lens are the connector may squeak(it is metal on metal). I thought that it may have been my copy of the connecter so I bought a second one to try out and the same squeak was there.
I know only use it when I'm outdoors.
Indoors I use my custom slr strap and clip or clamp(I cannot recall the name)
One other strap you could have looked at is the joby strap. It just came out one or two months ago.

Thanks for your reply.
As you can see from my signature, I'm only shooting with the D3100 & AF-S 70-300mm VRII...maybe with SB400 flash at the heaviest.
I'm considering on upgrading to the SB700 flash which still won't add too much more weight.

The main reason for me to get the type of strap is that I can't place too much weight on my neck & back...due to previous injury.
This way the weight will be more on my shoulder instead.

I hope I made a good decision...I will still look into Joby strap.

Thanks! :eek:

grandpaw

I ordered the CarrySpeed CS-3 camera strap today and was wondering if anyone has any experience regarding them?

I was planning on getting the Black Rapid, but saw this as an alternate and preferred the way this attaches to the camera better...plus it is costs less.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Don't take this the wrong way, but asking for comments after you have already ordered a product doesn't seem helpful to me. In any case I use the Carry Speed strap with a Nikon D7000 with a battery grip and Nikon 70-200VR F2.8 lens and I think it works very well for me. This shoulder strap really take the wear and tear off your neck and I recommend it. I would like to add I find it very useful to be able to attatch my camera to a quick connect and use a reipod without having to remove the strap.

Last edited:

stmv

ok,, I hike and jump onto rocks, and well,, two strap failures so far, so,, now I will only use single strap, no quick disconnects, no swivel points, just a comfy strap, solid ribon direct to the camera. To ruin a camera for a single point of failure,,,, nope.

dragion

Don't take this the wrong way, but asking for comments after you have already ordered a product doesn't seem helpful to me. In any case I use the Carry Speed strap with a Nikon D7000 with a battery grip and Nikon 70-200VR F2.8 lens and I think it works very well for me. This shoulder strap really take the wear and tear off your neck and I recommend it. I would like to add I find it very useful to be able to attatch my camera to a quick connect and use a reipod without having to remove the strap.

Since I haven't yet received mine yet, I was wonder what other members think about the strap and share their experiences with it good or bad.
Such as you have...thank you!

I understand that there is one week time period to return it if not satisfied.

ok,, I hike and jump onto rocks, and well,, two strap failures so far, so,, now I will only use single strap, no quick disconnects, no swivel points, just a comfy strap, solid ribon direct to the camera. To ruin a camera for a single point of failure,,,, nope.

Are saying this strap isn't any good?

mr2_serious

You should take a look at the snap buckle the carry speed has. It has an extra (for lack of better terminology) snap on top. Its pretty sturdy.