feedback on the Great Courses Class on Photography

stmv

So,, I have begun watching the Great Courses class on Photography, by the National Geographic guy

Overall, well done, Anyone new to photography would greatly benefit. The first disk for me was too basic, but as he demos his use of light and composition thoughts in later disks, my persona interest was high. Anyone new to SLRs will benefit greatly from disk 1, and all will benefit on the rest of the material.

He is a major advocate of the use of soft light, and a hand held light box on the flash unit. reflectors and diffusers on bright days.

Another aspect to his photography is the inclusion of people, or subject matter, but that makes sense since he is a photojournalist for the National Geographic. Take a look at the photos that make the magazine, and you will see that for many shots, a large % include the human interest.

No matter your skill level from beginner to expert, being exposed to another's person view on photography can be useful. Pick up the bits that interest you, including work flow, and expand your horizans.

stmv

interesting on his focus of adding interest, animals, people, and for him, a really really social, and without social scene, some other object, but 95% of the time for inclusion of people or animal. Not that easy to include people that amount of time, but it does make me rethink my composition methodology. but definitely hung up in including life.

Last edited: