Black friday deal on D3200 - $100 off + 16gb card & camera bag

Knave

yep, not a bad price all things considered. It doesn't surprise me that certain models have a price break for Black Friday. What did surprise me was the price INCREASE on other models. Since I am currently looking for price drops on both the 5100 and 7000 I have been checking online everyday for the best deal (come on D7000....drop baby drop). So I consider myself up to date on price fluctuations, and notice a spike when I see one.

Example: Looking at B&H, Adorama, etc, the D5100 w/lens is around the $550 price point (if they're not sold out *cough* Walmart *cough*). I had looked at Amazon prior to Thanksgiving and the 5100 was selling for the same price point. Yesterday evening I looked and Amazon had the 5100 for just under $800!! Today Amazon has the 5100 back down to a "reasonable" $650...still a C note above the competition. Amazons prices are for body and 18-55 lens only.

It would seem that Amazon and their sellers are practicing the time honored tradition of price gouging.

Speaking of the D7000, yesterday somebody had the camera (normally $1000, body only) with the 18-105mm lens for $1K. The wife and I talked all day about purchasing it at that price. Well.....I talked (pleaded, begged, whined, pouted) while the wife said no. Even after all these years of marriage it surprised me she knew so many ways of saying NO. I blame the kids......

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I feel your pain. Nikon is definitely shifting some things and offering rebates to make room for next year's models.

I considered getting the D7000 kit myself. Amazon still has it for sale, but won't be in stock for another 10-13 days. I believe the discount ends today, but who knows what new discounts will come in the near future.