New D80 owner

disciplerocks

I know its an older model, but its a step up from my D40. I love my D40, only reason for the upgrade is the 10.2 mp and the fact that I can use my film AF lenses with it. That and the fact that I got a good deal on it. $184 in excellent condition with a warranty from Adorama.

I've heard nothing but great things about the D80. Anyone else using it as their main camera?

stmv

My Wife is still using my old D80 all the time, a wonderful camera, I am someday going to upgrade her to get it back, the D80 is one of the last Nikons with a CCD sensor and not CMOS, and for many conditions, it seemed like the CCD gives a great vivid picture. I consider the D80, D200 to be classics. Enjoy your D80. Actually very smart to stay a couple generations behind, and in a few years, buy a cheap D700 (although I think this camera is going to hold its value for a long long time).

AC016

Nice, great camera! I have one to and a D5100. I use both cameras equally. I am very happy with mine. I especially like the manual controls instead of the menu-driven ones. Have fun

disciplerocks

Thanks. Yeah I tend to stay a bit behind, but it doesn't bother me. I'm sure there's some features I am missing out on, but I've been doing just fine with what I have. I plan to let the wife use the D40 and see how she likes it. Might sell it and get a D70s as a backup camera at some point.

SAbbott

Just made the d40 to d80 switch myself a few months ago. Extremely pleased. I felt intimidated at first because most of the students in my photography classes have d7000s, d5100s, 7/5ds but it ends up my professor still shoots with a D80! It's funn how once you go back and handle a d40 it seems so small! It's tiny!

disciplerocks

The one thing I have noticed that I do not like, is that I can't directly adjust the exposure without affecting the shutter like I could on my D40.