Completed the Nikon Lens Trilogy

Ruidoso Bill

Just ordered the 14-24mm f2.8 !
I am so impressed with the 24-70 & the 70-200 just had to go all the way, I agree with my wife (it's a tool), done for the year!

stmv

yes, its a wow, a great kit, also, a heavy weight Kit. Each of those lens weight over 2 lbs,, with your camera, you can build muscles. I am in the field a lot, so, still use the older generation lens that are about half the weight of these beauties.

Totally agree with the investment in quality. These set of lens, just ooze quality, a real joy to use. I just picked up this year a 105 DC lens, and so enjoy its handling.

Of your list, my biggest drool would be for the 14-24, but be careful on that curved glass.

Ruidoso Bill

That curved glass almost looks like an accident waiting to happen. I just did a home shoot where the 24-70 stayed on 24 and wider would have been nicer. I also have some nutcracker cast shots coming up so even though the 24 may have worked something wider again would be preferable. Other than the big lens cap guess there is no other way to protect the the glass, no filters of any type, a first for me.

miknoypinoy

congrats. that's the same one I'm missing. I don't have a need for that much of a wide angle (at the moment lol) so I havnt "pressed the shutter" on that lens yet. may be after tax time. I'd sure love the bragging rights of completing the trinity though. 2 outa 3 ain't bad for me for now. congrats again and enjoy.

I'm not afraid . . . YOU WILL BE. . . YOU WILL BE. . .

Dave_W

The Dude
That big round glass is a lot tougher than you would think. Mine hit the ground while my camera/lens was at the end of my tripod, as I fell it picked up speed like a baseball bat and slammed to the ground with a horrible sound. Surprisingly, all that could be found was a tiny little scuff on the side of the hood. When they say it's built like a tank, they meant it.

I'm still missing the 70-200 lens but not lusting after it just quite yet. In my perfect world that exists only in my mind, I'll buy this lens when the next version of it is released. I'm guessing within another couple yrs they'll have some reason to update this lens. Until then I'll use my trusty 70-300mm.

stmv

The hood is built in and the lens cap goes over the hood.

I have a 15 mm that has a curved glass and metal built in hood, I was taking some night shots, and in my careless nature, turned around and smack right into a parking meter, lucky, the metal lens hood protected the glass totally, so relieved when I got a good look at the glass, whew.

JDFlood

While, as I said, I love my 14-24, it did push me into primes. Weight... started to feel like a pack mule. So, I do primes mostly now. I'll just carry a 20mm, 60mm micro, and 85mm. then swap one with a 35mm, or 50mm f1.4, or 105mm, or 185mm, depending on situation. saves me money at the chiropractor. But if a zoom, my favorite is the 14-24 and if i want only one lens, the 28-300mm. Jd