My first attempt with light painting

disciplerocks

Let me know what you all think.

559081_4843227759545_1715698571_n.jpg

alltimeqb

I'm a noob so forgive me, but what is light painting? I guess I assumed that it meant more than just exposure time. It looks like the lights under the car have been enhanced in PS or something.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm a noob so forgive me, but what is light painting? I guess I assumed that it meant more than just exposure time. It looks like the lights under the car have been enhanced in PS or something.

Light painting is when you open your shutter on "B" or 30seconds and then proceed to paint your subject with either a flashlight or a portable lamp. In this case I suspect the photographer painted under the car.

As far as critic, I would have liked to see more of the car painted with light as well.

RockyNH_RIP

Light painting is when you open your shutter on "B" or 30seconds and then proceed to paint your subject with either a flashlight or a portable lamp. In this case I suspect the photographer painted under the car.

As far as critic, I would have liked to see more of the car painted with light as well.

Thanks Marcel for the explanation... You have now given me something else to try!! I think my wife wants to speak to you!!!! :)

Pat in NH