My First Moon Photo... What do you think?

RacePixs

DSC_0281.jpg

Pierro

I think even if the detail where there, we would barely see it, cos the photo is real tiny

Longer lens, and faster shutter speed. Have another go :cool:

Mike150

First off, Experiment.... Digital film is free. Take a 100 shots if you need to. Don't forget that Moon Light is Reflected Sunlight so set accordingly.
It would help if we knew what gear you were using, but start by setting the camera on a tripod with a remote release. Put on your longest lens. Don't rely on AutoFocus. (I generally focus manually and then use a piece of painters tape to hold the lens in focus). Use Manual Mode
Start by setting your ISO to 200. Aperture at 11. Start the shutter at 1/125. Take a picture. Increase Shutter speed and take another. You won't be able to see a lot of detail on your view screen, so save that for later on the PC.
Next, try altering one of the other elements. Try an ISO of 100 or maybe an aperture of 8 and repeat the steps with shutter speed.
Once you get all your shots on the computer, You'll be able to compare and select your best shots. (Delete the others). Look at the good shot's EXIF data and it will give what you need to know.
Finally... Google Taking pictures of the moon and see what info they can provide.