Blurred V1 flash images

razscout

I love my V1 when used outside in good or average light. 10-30 3.5 is a great travel lens.
Problem is the camera when in scene mode and inside it drops the shutter to 1/5 or slower with flash pics.
Almost everyone is blurred out. It will stay at 1/60 and then shift to 1/5 and all images from then on are blurred.
Yes I know I can go to shutter and fix it at 1/60, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of the scene or program mode?
Shouldn't the software know that you can't hand hold at any speed less than 1/60 without getting blur?

I have done the software update, but this did not fix the issue.

Thanks to those who answered this in the general digital post

Read more: http://nikonites.com/general-digital-slr-cameras/9061-v1-blurred-pics.html#ixzz2ChbqlqcN

speedandstyle

Something is wrong someplace. Either you have the settings wrong or the camera{or flash} is malfunctioning. I do not have a V1 so I can't test it but if in an "auto" mode it should automatically switch to a fast shutter speed. I know the "scene auto" function on the Nikon 1 cameras is a bit different from the DSLR "scene" mode. The "scene auto" mode is NOT the same as "Program". Try using program mode. Wish I could help more.

What settings are you using? What ISO? What flash mode?