Lense compatibility D90/F90

JCollard

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here, I tried to do some research before posting, but I could'nt find an answer to what bothers me.

I'm seriously considering bying a Reflex camera, and a friend of mine could sell me her D90 at an interesting price. This would be my first digital reflex camera, as I already have an old F90 II. i'm switching to digital because I want to try out new things.

So, I have a 35 - 80 and a 75 - 300 lense, both from Nikon, and I'm trying to figure out wether those could be use on the D90 before I make my choice.

Does anyone have an idea regarding this matter?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my question! :)

pedroj

Hi and welcome

Without knowing for sure what they are I would say they will do the same on a D90 as they do on the F90..

JCollard

Thanks for your opinion... Here's a picture of what I've got, I don't know if that might help :s
Those are Nikkor lenses, I'm having trouble finding the exact references.

331567_4461581783515_2011439650_o.jpg

JCollard

Well, the problem is I don't have the lenses with me right now, they stayed at my parent's place on the other side of the world, so it might take some time to do that... But I could try that when I have the chance! :)

JCollard

They do, and they use a Nikon F-mount. I'd say it should work, but since the lenses and the F90II are around 15 years old, I wasn't sure. Thanks a lot for your help anyway, it's much appreciated!

Eye-level

Banned
Yes they will mount and auto focus on the D90...the D90 is worth grabbing up especially if the price is right. The F90II will gather dust fast and you will have a very nice introductory DSLR. I think your decision lies in buying PS and LR to go along with it. What does she want for the body?

fotojack

The lenses you mentioned will definitely fit and work on your D90. They both use the F mount system Nikon is famous for. :) Your D90 has the built in auto focus motor, so no worries. :)

JCollard

Thank you all for your answers. A friend of mine told me the lenses will behave like if they had roughly 150% of their nominal focal length, meaning the field of vision will be narrowed.

We haven't discussed the price yet, but she's putting in a 50mm lens for roughly 40$, I guess she'll ask something between $300 and $350 for the body, but as I said, we haven't discussed that yet. I'm interested in this because it could let me delay buying new lenses by using my old ones until I get the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
be carefull of the flash you have the D90 will only take a 5v signal from the shoe and some of the old guns were 300v if you let us have the model we can check ,,,lens only 15 years old no problem ,,,lenses from 1956 still work !!!