see things differently

roblade

As some of you may know i have recently joined the ranks of the DSLR owners, coming from a point and click culture.

I have been taught a very important lesson today and probably the biggest step towards taking better pictures. KEEP CAMERA CLOSE! i was driving to work (to pick up second hand lens that was delivered there rather than home address) on my day off. Driving back past the fields, the farmer was plowing and there were just hundreds of seagulls picking at the field. Something i have seen 100 times in the past but this time i thought WOW that would be an amazing picture.

This also taught me another lesson, its not about the magnification a lens can give you, but being able to see (corny pun time) the whole picture.

There really are some great pictures out there just waiting to be taken even just on the door step or even of the door step!

Nikonitus

I have a couple of point n shoot types, mainly a FujiFilm F660EXR, which mostly accompanies me everywhere, unless, I have either the D300 or D600 with me. Like you, I bet many of us have been "Caught Out" - perfect picture,, no camera... Lots of cussing under my breath...

fotojack

I can't tell you how many times I've been out and about without my camera (a rare occurrence!). The shots I've missed because of not being able to bring it with me!

Eye-level

Banned
Normally I have a camera within reach or very close most of the time. Lately I haven't been taking one when I leave the house though. I hear you Jack and sometimes one can even still miss them despite having the camera right there handy.