Sigma 50-500mm APO

Ruidoso Bill

First shots with the new (used Sigma), all were handheld and that's a feat in itself!

Shots were at 50, 100, 200, 300, 400 & 500mm

DSC_1359.jpg 50mm
DSC_1360.jpg 100mm
DSC_1361.jpg 200mm
DSC_1362.jpg 300mm
DSC_1363.jpg 400mm
DSC_1364.jpg 500mm

Settings were just eye balled off the lens marking so a little +/-

Should be able to shoot some wildlife tomorrow at the Bosque ! The sand cranes have now arrived.

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

First shots with the new (used Sigma), all were handheld and that's a feat in itself!

Shots were at 50, 100, 200, 300, 400 & 500mm

50mm
100mm
200mm
300mm
400mm
500mm

Settings were just eye balled off the lens marking so a little +/-

Should be able to shoot some wildlife tomorrow at the Bosque ! The sand cranes have now arrived.

WOW Bill... so very clear at 500 with hand held.. Nice job.. look froward to seeing the wildlife..

Pat in NH

Mike150

Looks like a good lens Bill. I might have to consider renting one for a trip I have in the works. That will be a handheld camera trip too so glad to see your good shots with it.

Ruidoso Bill

Looks like a good lens Bill. I might have to consider renting one for a trip I have in the works. That will be a handheld camera trip too so glad to see your good shots with it.

It is a tad on the heavy side for handheld at over 4 lbs which doesn't sound like a lot unless it's a lens.

PapaST

ahhhh... very nice. I just bit the bullet and put my order in for a sigma 150-500mm. Those results are encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

slowpoke

Bill,I put mine on a tripod and use a wireless remote.I get the wife to carry everything.lol Solves the wieght problem for me.:D

Ruidoso Bill

Bill,I put mine on a tripod and use a wireless remote.I get the wife to carry everything.lol Solves the wieght problem for me.:D

I was thinking of a really stylish backpack in her favorite color, what do you think? Free me up for picture taking and keep the wife in shape (win-win).

Don't have a wireless so just using a wired release and Mup mode to eliminate mirror slap.

Last edited: