Nikon 50mm f1.8 AI Lens?

pedroj

I found a guy selling this lens for $55. He says it's in good condition. I've heard some good things about it and wondering if anyone here has experience with it. Either way I figure for 55 bucks I can't go wrong. And being that I have a D90 this still will not auto focus correct?

www.chrisrice.info

How much for an AF 50mm F1.8...I bought one new from Hong Kong several years back for $120 delivered

Yes AI wont AF

christopher_d_rice

How much for an AF 50mm F1.8...I bought one new from Hong Kong several years back for $120 delivered

Yes AI wont AF

Yeah I could get one cheap. But I've heard the older manuals are built better. And I'd like find out if manual all the time will get old quick or if I'll enjoy it. And also if anyone can compare it to a 35mm prime because I have previously owned one in AF.

www.chrisrice.info

Eye-level

Banned
Yes manual all the time is a PITA but it is worth trying to learn how to do. I like to think it helps improve one's overall photography skills.

You can search the forum here and find many discussions about Ai and Ais lenses and manual focusing.

Even 50 E lenses still bring good money nowadays and mint ones are around the 100+ mark...the Nikkor 50s go up from there for the most part.

Fork

Whenever you see a 50mm f/1.8 for sale, particularly for that kind of price, bite their hand off (if you don't already have one, obviously). It is the best lens on earth in terms of quality vs. price.

Pierro

I found a guy selling this lens for $55. He says it's in good condition. I've heard some good things about it and wondering if anyone here has experience with it. Either way I figure for 55 bucks I can't go wrong. And being that I have a D90 this still will not auto focus correct?

EDIT: Picked up the lens yesterday. Super fast lens. Takes a lot more time to set up a good shot with it being completely manual but hopefully I will get better and quicker in this sense. I'll post up a few shots when I have the time. Thanks again for the feedback guys!

Ai lenses wont auto focus at all, because they're manual lenses