Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
d5100_021_677778.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I love the Firetruck/food wagon, but that thing looks older than a 1990 Ford It must of had a hard life!

Chris (my husband) said the same thing. When he was guessing the age of the fire truck, he started in the '60's and the owners said keep going. The owner gutted the truck himself and said removing the tank was a bear. He didn't know the tank had baffles.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
That is a 1967 Ford Fire Truck, not a 1990.

Hi Pete - Just repeating what the owners told us. Chris thought it was 60's, but they said no. What year did they start using FMC instead of Ford? I looked up 1967 Fire Truck and they all had FORD on the hood. Looked up 1990 Fire Truck and some had FMC and some GMC/FMC. I didn't see any that looked like this in either year.

Carolina Photo Guy

LairdsvilleE-2767Ford-ALF.jpg

I stole this shot from Google.

This is the Lairdsville FD Truck. This is a 1967 Ford/ALF This stands for American Le France.

I think I know where the ID problem is. Your shot may have a 1990 CHASSIS with a 1967 CAB. The title would reflect the chassis, not the cab.

I only have the visual aspects to go by and that CAB is from a 1967 Ford.

Last edited:
I was guessing that it was a 1977 Ford/ALF Water Tanker body Fire Truck. And the reason the tank has baffles is so the truck doesn't tip over in turns as the water shifts in the tank.