Nikon D600 and Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8 = WOW !!!

johncook

Hi guys ,

I had a play with the above combo in a camera shop and have to say I was massively impressed with both the camera, lens and IQ (shooting at f2.8, the sharpness was unbelievable!!!) first time I've had a play with FX.

i have a D7000 and wasn't expecting such results, seems much much better than expected.

I think I'll go back with a memory card and some of my fx lenses to really see what the images are like once I stick them on my PC and Lightroom.

do you think it would be worth buying the 24-70mm f2.8 on my D7000 for superior photos on my current body or is it a total waste??

I will upgrade to FX in the next 18 months so would use the lens for fx eventually. Am still torn between D600 and D800 (and maybe D700!!)

Last edited:

pedroj

I don't have the 24-70mm F2.8 But do have the 28-70mm F2.8 and it is a great all round lens

I use it for portraits landscapes and even shot sailing with it on my D300...Well worth the dollars on both FX And DX

WhiteLight

It won't be a waste for sure!
The 24-70 2.8 is an awesome lens & being FX it can work on your present D7000 & your next camera.
It will let you appreciate the quality of the FX sensor better ;)

Just like you, i have been wondering about the D600 & the D800..
cant really make up my mind!

Rick M

Compared to the lenses in your signature, it would be an upgrade. I'm sure you'll see some improvement and at least more flexibility.

johncook

There is not a lot of price difference between the 24-70mm f2.8 lens and the D600 body! (Only about £200) so would maybe be tempted to get the D600 body.

i love my D7000, it's really awesome with my 50mm f1.4G and sharp with my 24-85mm FX lens (when stopped down a little)

stmv

yes,, that lens is quite large, and not as easy in the field. Consider a used 35-70 2.8, back when Nikon made gems of zooms, sharp, small, and tough.