Favorite Parks

photoholic

Greetings everyone… I am seeking advice from those of you who visit the National, or State parks for wildlife, and nature photography. I reside in Tennessee, and have visited the Great Smoky Mountain State park for the last few years. This has actually been my training ground. I am wanting to visit another park within the U.S. that will offer a similar experience for wildlife, and nature. I do fairly well with walking… not great on steep climbs, I love capturing reflections in water.

My trip will be during the Thanksgiving week. I am shooting with the D800, and D600. My lenses include Sigma 150-500mm, Tokina 16-25 F-2.8, Nikon 28-300 F 3.5, Sigma 88 mm F 1.4, Nikon 70-200 F 2.8, Sigma 105 mm for macro.

I appreciate your suggestions… Photoholic

Dave_W

The Dude
The 4-corners area (Ut-Az-New Mexico and CO) have the greatest concentration of parks in the world and IMO some of the prettiest in the world. Lots of great photo ops any direction you look in this part of the world.

photoholic

Thank you Dave… I had those locations on my list… but never having visited either, difficult to decide. Thank you so much for the direction… much appreciated.

Dave_W

The Dude
Put Mesa Verde high on your list. And if you go there stay in Durango, CO. There's a lot to see using Durango as a central hub and venturing off from there. In Durango they have one of the only small track railroads left in the nation. It's a great day right up into the mountains of CO, not to mention the town is a college town and a very cool one, at that.