Light at the end of the Tunnel

Rick M

Below is a tunnel running under railroad tracks. This was taken with the 85mm 1.8g, f13 and a CP. Three shot HDR.

Which do you like better, color or B&W?

Thanks

DSC_1066_4419_7_4420_8_4421_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_1066_4419_7_4420_8_4421_tonemapped-4.jpg

RockyNH_RIP

Below is a tunnel running under railroad tracks. This was taken with the 85mm 1.8g, f13 and a CP. Three shot HDR.

Which do you like better, color or B&W?

Thanks

Rick, they are both good but I favor the color... shades of water, red brick on top and the color on the woods coming out of tunnel

Pat in NH

Carroll

Both are great photos in my opinion. The color version has a little too much going on for my old feeble brain, very slightly overdone textures and colors....however, a VERY artistic rendition.

I really like the B&W...looks like a scene that ought to be right out of Harry Potter...it's really good. Here the textures look more natural in my opinion. Just a bit more clarity and contrast in the scene at the end of the tunnel may improve it for my taste...but even so, it is a 10 like it is!

Keep in mind I voted for Richard Nixon once, and should have this time, too. LOL

Carroll

Dave_W

The Dude
I like the color one, myself. But that's not to say the B&W one isn't good too, the color image seems to show more fine detail.

Rick M

Thanks for the input! I should have mentioned it was foggy on the other side of the tunnel, that's why it looks a bit off.

Carroll

Rick, that 1.8 lens sure does a nice job, considering the fog at the other end. Details inside the tunnel are really good. I am curious what a single best shot would look like...in other words without HDR treatment. (Not that there is anything wrong with that...) LOL

Carroll

Rick M

Here's the HDR again, but with the color toned down a bit. I think I like this version better, sometimes I go a little overboard on the color the first time around!

DSC_1066_4419_7_4420_8_4421_tonemapped.jpg

Carroll

Here's the HDR again, but with the color toned down a bit. I think I like this version better, sometimes I go a little overboard on the color the first time around!

Wow, Rick. Nice job. I like this version better, too. It seems more "real" looking to me, if that makes sense. More subtle. Thanks for posting it and doing the new work.

I looked at your original shot you posted, and boy, does HDR make a difference! Amazing the details that are brought out. However, I like the original also. It has a "feeling" to it that looking in a tunnel gives you, and seeing the ethereal scene at the other side. (too much coffee, probably...)

Thanks,

Carroll