Almost half of my menu options are grayed out

Sal

I turned on my D90 to notice almost half of my menu options are grayed out. I also cannot view any of my pictures, nothing happens when I press the right arrow button. WHen I choose a grayed out option I get a message that says "This option is not available with current settings". I seem to be able to take pictures. I tried resetting the settings but that didn't help. I also removed the battery to see if that helped but it did not. Hopefully I can get an answer to fix in the next few hours since I am going to a wedding and taking pictures.

Sal

Well, it was early in the morning and I panicked. Ended up I had just transferred my pics to my computer and still had the USB cable connected. That was the problem. On a good note, I did find this website and will be reading it regularly.

Pierro

I've done a lot worse

I completely reformatted my PC one time in the past, because my mouse kept locking up, and i couldnt do anything with my PC, and thinking the PC was freezing due to a fault or corrupt software somewhere in the system. Reformatting is a right royal PITB as anyone knows who's had to do this.

Turned out it was just my cordless mouse batteries needed charging.

Go figure !