A quick Night Shoot - or something like that...

Nikonitus

I'm not into night shots but even though last Momday (5th Nov) was Guy Fawkes night here, the fireworks have been going strong all week and I keep missing out. My usual neighbours fireworks display just didn't happen this year, so I virtually got not fireworks photos this year at all. Tonight they started with a hiss and a roar but by the time I got the D600 on the tripod and got it out there the hiss and roar fizzed to a pfffffft, gone... Missed out again... Strange year...!!!

Oh well, while I was out there I decided what the heck, I'll try a few pics in the dark, and I mean it was "dark" as in sun gone completely down. I snapped away not knowing what I was doing and got two pics that really caught me eye... They may not come up to your level of aceptance but I like them, why, I dunno, don't ask questions I can't answer... Hehehehe...!!!

I can't believe for the mild settings I used, how much light appeared in the sky. Here they are...

PS.. All I did was to crop in P'shop to 16:9 apsect ratio. The rest in UNTOUCHED...!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0531Cr2.jpg
    DSC_0531Cr2.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC_0537Cr.jpg
    DSC_0537Cr.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Nikonitus

Yeah I know,
A photographers first sin isn't it - your own shadow? Too many street lights, like trying to navigate a minefield. It was fun and a new learning curve for me though. I can see myself geting into this a bit more...