70-200 f2.8 First use

Ruidoso Bill

Used this lens for some dance portraits (#1 of #75) and I think it did well, wish I would have already received my 24-70 (tomorrow) but hope you like the shots.

DSC_0808-Edit (1024 x 819).jpg

Here are some others I shot the same day: wjyphotography.zenfolio.com

Ruidoso Bill

Only 74 more cast members to shoot, that's for the studio portraits and then it's on to the performances, thus the new glass I've been acquiring.

Dave_W

The Dude
Great choice, awesome lens. You'll soon discover the 24-70mm doesn't come off your camera very often. In fact, the 24-70mm may well be the most useful lens in Nikon's entire suite of lenses. It's unfortunate, too, because my 28mm f/1.8G and 50mm f/1.8G spends a lot of time in their cases because of this lens.

RockyNH_RIP

Bill, nice job... I looked at your websites too... also nice! Question on this dance set, were these shot in a studio?? If not, how did you manage the black background...

Pat in NH (The Rookie!)

Ruidoso Bill

Bill, nice job... I looked at your websites too... also nice! Question on this dance set, were these shot in a studio?? If not, how did you manage the black background...

Pat in NH (The Rookie!)

I set up my lights and a black backdrop in one of the dance studios, then in PS did a little more painting and blending to make it even more black.

Ruidoso Bill

Great choice, awesome lens. You'll soon discover the 24-70mm doesn't come off your camera very often. In fact, the 24-70mm may well be the most useful lens in Nikon's entire suite of lenses. It's unfortunate, too, because my 28mm f/1.8G and 50mm f/1.8G spends a lot of time in their cases because of this lens.

That's what I keep hearing and reading, guess I'll find out today when my amazon package arrives, the resolution out of the D800 doesn't hurt either, should be a powerful combination.

RockyNH_RIP

I set up my lights and a black backdrop in one of the dance studios, then in PS did a little more painting and blending to make it even more black.

Bill, thanks for sharing your techniques.. It looked like a studio shot to me, just never thought of teh dance studio! Very cool.. It is nice for us beginners to be able to ask questions and learn..

Loving the atmosphere of nikonites....

Pat in NH

Ruidoso Bill

Bill, thanks for sharing your techniques.. It looked like a studio shot to me, just never thought of teh dance studio! Very cool.. It is nice for us beginners to be able to ask questions and learn..

Loving the atmosphere of nikonites....

Pat in NH

Most of us love to help as much as take pictures, almost. You're welcome.

Ruidoso Bill

Got the 24-70 in today, now I have the tank and baby tank!