Looking for a LARGE case recommindation

Nikonite1222

Hi Everybody-

I am in need of recommendations for a large long case that I can store my two Alien Bee's SB800's, a 42 x 32 Large softbox and a 47" Octa Box. I have seen Pelican Case, but those are way out of my price range. So note that I'm looking for padded insides, adjustable dividers, wheels if possible. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I really appreciate your time on this.

Thanks Much- Douglas

Last edited by a moderator:

pedroj

I went to a local hardware shop and picked up a hard plastic case with pull apart sponge rubber inside it..

Just set it out and draw around the camera & lens then pull out the bits to fit them within the case..

About 50 bucks here in Australia...

Ruidoso Bill

Check Cowboy studios for some decent cases. I use 32" expandable Duffle bags with wheels. No padded protection but I can haul my equipment from house to car to site and back without too many obstacles or damage. Wally world has them for $14.

AC016

Check Cowboy studios for some decent cases. I use 32" expandable Duffle bags with wheels. No padded protection but I can haul my equipment from house to car to site and back without too many obstacles or damage. Wally world has them for $14.

Sorry, this made me laugh, "wally world"??? Reminds me of the Chevy Chase film. But i suppose you mean Walmart, lol. Though, i like Wally World better ;)

AC016

Hi Everybody-

I am in need of recommendations for a large long case that I can store my two Alien Bee's SB800's, a 42 x 32 Large softbox and a 47" Octa Box. I have seen Pelican Case, but those are way out of my price range. So note that I'm looking for padded insides, adjustable dividers, wheels if possible. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I really appreciate your time on this.

Thanks Much- Douglas

Never checked it out myself, but you may want to look into musical instrument stores. I am sure that they have all sorts of cases.

CAM1

Here's a question for everyone...is there a company that makes/sells the padded dividers by themselves? If you look at adds you can get a roll around suitcase for about a third the cost of a dedicated camera case. Why not get one of those, purchase or make the dividers to suit your needs and be set for a lot less.

nikonpup

check your local stores that sell foam. They can cut the foam to fit your container, you will need to cut it for what you are packing.

Nikonite1222

Hi FotoJack- I checked with them and they have an awesome one but it's back ordered for about 3 weeks, I'll keep looking and if I can't find anything else, then I'll wait for that one to come back in stock and order it.

Sincerely- Douglas