Baseball Advice

Dsobo

So I was asked by the director of my sons baseball organization to be the official photographer. I am excited and nervous at the same time to take this job on. I don't have any real concerns at taking the game shots, my concerns come when I have to take the team and individual shots. Reason being is I have never done more then a few kids before and I don't want to mess up.

Below is what I have, I also have asked a friend of mine to be my second shooter.

Nikon D5100
18-55mm
70-300mm VR

Please would like some little advice on equipment I may need and other advice that would help.

Thank you

David~

nikonpup

purchase a good tripod for team and individual shots. Pose and shoot your son at home til you feel comfortable. Is this a one shot deal or do you have a season to practice?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dsobo

I have time to practice, the schedule shoots will be starting in December for winter workouts and the team/individual shots sometime in March or April of 2013 before the season starts. If I do we'll this will lead into a contract that could be for 5 years.

David~

RockyNH_RIP

I have time to practice, the schedule shoots will be starting in December for winter workouts and the team/individual shots sometime in March or April of 2013 before the season starts. If I do well this will lead into a contract that could be for 5 years.

David~

Sounds like a great opportunity... another practice idea... Find a local soccer team... visit a practice and offer to do a Team shot for practice.. tell them you are starting out and will provide each member a 5x7 at no charge (or a digital image) if they will let you Photograph them.. Good chance to set up a shoot (group) with no real pressure to prepare you for the real shoot later...

Pat in NH

Last edited by a moderator:

Dsobo

Sounds like a great opportunity... another practice idea... Find a local soccer team... visit a practice and offer to do a Team shot for practice.. tell them you are staring out and will provide each member a 5x7 at no charge (or a digital image) if they will let you Photograph them.. Good chance to set up a shot (group) with no real pressure to prepare you for the real shoot later...

Pat in NH

Pat,
Great advice thank you, I will look into doing this as we have many soccer teams in the area.
This is exactly what I was looking for in this post, I want to thank everyone for the advice as well.

Also would there be any equipment that I should look at getting besides the tripod?

I was assuming for outdoor shoots I could get away with the gear I have, since I cannot afford at this time the faster lenses.

This will be done in sunny weather at a College baseball facility and all within a 2 week time frame.
10 Teams, roughly 120 Kids.

David~