My wife drug me into a Target store today, and I saw ...

My wife drug me into a Target store today, and while she was shopping for a Christmas present for one of our grand kids, I slipped over to their Camera aisle just to see what they had.
And what they had was a new Nikon D3200 24.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR NIKKOR Zoom Kit Lens for only $599.00
That's $100 off the original list price for this package. I wasn't expecting the price of this fairly new unit to drop until after Christmas. ;)

pedroj

My wife drug me into a Target store today, and while she was shopping for a Christmas present for one of our grand kids, I slipped over to their Camera aisle just to see what they had.
And what they had was a new Nikon D3200 24.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR NIKKOR Zoom Kit Lens for only $599.00
That's $100 off the original list price for this package. I wasn't expecting the price of this fairly new unit to drop until after Christmas. ;)

I see your getting the 70-300mm shortly....I have the AF ED 300mm F4 well worth getting if your into sports or birds..

It's out of production but you can pick them up reasonably cheap at times...Here is a Ken Rockwell review, What he says in it is pretty much spot on..

Nikon 300mm f/4 AF Review

Sambr

I see your getting the 70-300mm shortly....I have the AF ED 300mm F4 well worth getting if your into sports or birds..

It's out of production but you can pick them up reasonably cheap at times...Here is a Ken Rockwell review, What he says in it is pretty much spot on..

Nikon 300mm f/4 AF Review

I don't think so the 70-300d can,t hold a candle to the 300mm F4 I believe you have your lens mixed up.

patrick in memphis

being drug into a target store can be rewarding.....while my wife was shopping i hit the camera dept. they had a 55-300mm vr lens in the plexi tube for display.when i originaly looked at it it was 450.00 the next time i went back it was 399.00 but this was several monthes later and it was still there!!! so i asked for the camera attendant to give me a discount..his reply"i dont think the manager will go down"..my reply was , get him anyway..i asked the manager what they could do and explained this was their last one and it had been there for several months...with a big ole cheese eatin grin i walked out for 270.00....so....target is not always what you think

being drug into a target store can be rewarding.....while my wife was shopping i hit the camera dept. they had a 55-300mm vr lens in the plexi tube for display.when i originaly looked at it it was 450.00 the next time i went back it was 399.00 but this was several monthes later and it was still there!!! so i asked for the camera attendant to give me a discount..his reply"i dont think the manager will go down"..my reply was , get him anyway..i asked the manager what they could do and explained this was their last one and it had been there for several months...with a big ole cheese eatin grin i walked out for 270.00....so....target is not always what you think
Not bad Patrick, but you can get the 55-300 AF-S VR all day on Amazon for $399. I got mine for my D3100 for $249 including expedited shipping on Amazon, about this time last year. I just wish I hadn't included it in with my D3100 when I sold it last week. (what was I thinking :chargrined: )