My D90 has arrived

I waited patiently all morning for the postal girl to drive up in her postal LLV and hand me my "new" (to me) D90 camera. She's usually here at about 10AM and here it is going on 12:30PM whem around the corner comes the postal LLV. But today they have aguy driving a replacement delivery person, who had never done the route before. So finally he pulls up out front and hands me my letter mail but not a camera in a box. So I say don't you have a package for me and he says "I dunno" So I say please check and he does and finds it and gives it to me.
And all is right with the world as we know it!

stmv

oh,, so know what you mean,, sometimes some of the stuff needs a signature,, and you have to wait and wait,, seems archaic, like waiting for xmas morning.

D90,, such a nice package, fits well in the hands, and the separate front and back dials make manual mode a pleasure. so have fun shooting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eye-level

Banned
Looks like you own the whole package now...maybe need some kind of flash and tripod and reflector to round the system off...good job...looking forward to seeing your stuff in the near future sir. :)

nikonpup

like a kid in a candy store or dog in the meat house, what do u shoot first. Sunrise sounds good, hope the weather cooperates.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first morning due to torrential rains, there was no sunrise to test my 70-300mm f/4-5.6G AF lens out. But this morning was glorious.
Just before sunrise.
665940_542295702454642_1546983290_o.jpg

Sunrise!
54852_542296095787936_605804837_o.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you own the whole package now...maybe need some kind of flash and tripod and reflector to round the system off...good job...looking forward to seeing your stuff in the near future sir. :)

I have a tripod albeit an inexpensive one, a 72" Polaroid with a tilt and pan head that uses a mounting plate. It seems to work OK, at least until I save up for that Manfrotto with the ball head I want.

As far as a flash I have ordered a Yongnuo YN-560 Flash Speedlite, which I have no clue on how to use. That's why I got the aftermarket brand, as I didn't want to screw up a $400 Nikon SB-700 by using it wrong.

As far as the reflector I think I need to learn the flash first, before I get that involved. I have never used anything but the built in camera flash before.

I am still relatively new to photography and still learning. I am however taking an intermediate photography class in January, which delves more into lighting than the beginners class I took back in June did. :D[h=1][/h]

Tami Jo

The Yongnuo YN-560 Flash Speedlite Flash has arrived just now VIA UPS. Now I just need to learn how to use it!

Let us know how you like it,, after you have had a chance to check it out of course. I am wondering how those flashes compare to the Nikon's. I've seen those on Amazon really reasonable.

Let us know how you like it,, after you have had a chance to check it out of course. I am wondering how those flashes compare to the Nikon's. I've seen those on Amazon really reasonable.

The only Nikon flash I have ever owned was the SB-400 that I bought for my D3100. I never used it however, as it didn't seem all that well made to me. It seemed real cheap and plasticy. So I sold it with the D3100 2 weeks ago.(BTW the SB-400 cost almost 3X what the YN-560 did which was $51) The Yongnuo YN-560 Flash feels a whole lot more substantial to me with good build quality. I will report on it when I figure out how to use it.

Bill K.
in FLA.

Last edited: