New Dslr owner

Andrew Cresswell

Hi
My name is Andy and i have just purchased a D5100,decided i needed a new hobby and thought i would try photography,love country walks and live in a lovely part of the country(East Anglia)close to the river Orwell with loads of footpaths and scenery and wildlife to phootgraph,just need to get myself some lessons on how to get the best out of the camera as i dont want to just stick it on Auto.

AC016

Please read the manual front to back, then back to front, lol. That way, you will get to know all the functions of your camera. From there, Google is your best friend and so is YouTube. However, the best way to learn is to get out there and shoot. Nothing wrong with doing it in Auto for a while. You can take the pics taken in Auto and look at the camera settings from the photo and get a feel of what the camera does in particular situations. It's a never ending learning experience, so don't stop reading, watching or asking questions. Enjoy!

Tami Jo

Welcome Andrew! You have picked an amazing and rewarding new hobby! Read read read...your manual, helpful books, the thread here for your model of camera, check out all the videos on you tube too.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2