picture control curious question

ideacipher

Curious as to what you guys have your picture control set to most of the time and how many adjust the default settings. Currently I shoot in RAW+JPG Fine using unmodified standard picture control. Once I get a little better at working with RAW files I'll probably drop it down to RAW+jpg basic just to save a little space on the card and later may move to just RAW down the road.

I understand that certain shots will call for a different picture control and I'm doing most of that in post now as needed. I'm just asking about your standard go to setting.

Thanks for sharing in advance

ideacipher

Thanks pedroj

I thought the RAW+fine was over kill but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. For the instant picture request fine would be good to have I guess.

Last edited:

Tami Jo

I also shot a mixture of RAW and JPEG Fine. Picture Control is set to Standard PP in Photoshop. You can choose standard and customize it a bit to suit your needs. I have adjusted mine back and forth it just depends. If you use a post processing program you may opt to leave it.

I shoot large Basic as with a thousand shots in a couple of hours the post processing would be silly in RAW....
Settings are sharpness +9 saturation +1 exposure - 1/2 stop as those big glowing things called wedding dresses are a pain if they burn ...
U1 f3.5 iso 100=6400 for boken shots
U2 F11 iso 100-400 for outside work and it does not f it up if I leave the flash on as that clamps it to 1/60 !!
A f8 and iso 100-6400 for use inside those dark churches but enough depth of field for groups shot at 45 deg .....
P 100-6400 ..I dont use that but the wife does on hers...