Packaged D600 at Costco

stmv

Was picking up some candy for Wednesday, and I noticed a pile of D600 kits up front, They included the 24-85 lens and the 70-300 for around 2890, which seems like a great price, considering that the 24-85 is listed at 599, and the 70-300 is listed at 589, and the D600 is at 2100, which puts it unbundled pricing at just shy of 3300, so 400 dollar discount which is huge.

I picked up the camera, I own the D800, D700, and 7000, and was impressed with the heft of this camera. I was expecting something like the 7000 in weight, but it seemed closer to the 800 in feel. still lighter, but a good heft to it. Features are very fine, still a bit mad that they choose to cut the bracketing down to 3, but other then a few nitpicks, this is a sweet sweet camera.

So, anyone being tempted, Costco might be the best package.

Belo

Backaged D600 at Coscto

Coming from a 7000 this is as good as it gets. I couldn't be happier, the price is VERY competitive.

Photowyzard

WoW! Costco. Wonder what that is all about. Typically, piles of product show up at Costco when they are End of Line, Over Stock or discontinued. This must be an inventory correction of some sort.

Sounds like a great deal.

stmv

yes, I was taken back too, usually its like piles of the cameras being phased out, but leading edge stuff,, nice.

Tami Jo

That sounds like a fantastic deal. Hope those of you considering the plunge opt to get that deal. What a savings! Getting closer to the holiday season you might even see some more like this. Wish they would offer some lens deals like that too for all of us that are not wanting to upgrade.

Cinder2

That's where I got mine! Spent 45 minutes walking around trying to talk myself out of it. You didn't mention all the other goodies it came with....nice bag, wifi, memory card Nikon warranty, Costco warranty and wonderful return policy plus I put it on my Amex for another layer of protection. Now the have a Kit deal on a5100? Might be wrong on the camera # but it's another example of costco's great buying power .

Mfrankfort

That's where I got mine! Great deal. Especially if you bundle it with a 50gallon jug of Catsup, and 500 rolls of toilet paper. haha. Oh Costco.

Cowboybillybob1

WoW! Costco. Wonder what that is all about. Typically, piles of product show up at Costco when they are End of Line, Over Stock or discontinued. This must be an inventory correction of some sort.

Sounds like a great deal.
Perhaps they fixed the dust issue with a revised shutter and they want to get rid of older inventory with the compromised shutter.
Just a guess on my part.

jwstl

Costco has had the D600 almost from the day of release. I don't think it has anything to do with inventory reduction.

Dave_W

The Dude
One thing to keep in mind is the CostCo experience with the D7000 and how many buyers of these cameras claimed they had focus issues. I don't know if it was a fluke or if Nikon was dumping their less than perfect models on CostCo at a reduced price or it was just a misrepresentative sampling. But in my case, my first D7000 came from CostCo and after a few weeks I was forced to returned it due to the focus issue. I bought my second camera at a local camera store the focus was spot on and it seemed like a different camera altogether. Then as the months progressed we saw a lot of people coming to the board claiming the D7000's they bought at CostCo had issues. Granted, this is far from a scientific survey and I may be totally off base with this but it seemed like a disproportionate number of D7000 from CostCo had issues compared to non-CostCo cameras. But given CostCo's generous return policy, it may be a non-issue provided you return it before the 90 days are up.