Cleaning fluid - how long does it last..???

Nikonitus

All of 3-4 years ago I bought a Delkin Sensor Scope Kit, with the sensor scope, mini vacuum cleaner, battery pack, swabs and of course the sensor fluid... I used it a couple of times on the D300 those 3 or 4 years ago but since then it has been in my cupboard. It's still practically full, although that makes no difference to its usability...

Do you think the fluid is still ok or, like I am guessing, that it's better to get a new bottle..??

Added in later...

I am still going to have to buy more swabs anyway as the ones in the kit are not for Full Frame sensor...

Nikonitus

Emailed manufacturer/seller. They emailed back yestaerday and said that it should be ok to use as the fluid doesn't really have an expiry or time limit... There we have it...!!!

Photowyzard

I have, what I think is the oldest full container of cleaning fluid on the planet. I believe it is from Kodak from circa 1975! Wonder if that is still good?

Never thought of this. I will have to go dig it up!

Nikonitus

Bit-a-difference between 4 years and 40 years - hahahaha...

I'm actually doubting if I will even use this stuff anyway. I might just get the swabs and the fluid from one maunfacturer...

Eye-level

Banned
Art I have a 1 fl oz (30cc) bottle that is early also...about half full... :)

I just used it on my glasses...works great...now I'll have to look at it in the microscope maybe.

Photowyzard

No way, this stuff should be good for-EVER! :)

Jeff, I have to dig mine up and post a pic. If it wasn't for this query, I never would have thought about it or even used it, much less remember I had it. Stay tuned! I too should test it out on some old, discarded glasses, just for fun!

Nikonitus

I picked up a new bottle of fluid today. VisibleDust ( with the blue top) and a dozen F/F 1.0x swabs. At the end of the day, I'd hate to spoil a sensor/filter by skimping on a few bucks. Also bought a couple of sensor brushes and an ML-L3 remote...