San Diego at night w/ new-ish D800

Dave_W

The Dude
So. California is undergoing what they call a "Santa Anna" condition where the winds change direction and blows out of the east bringing super dry air from the Sonora and Mojave deserts. Right now the relative humidity is around 8% making it perfect conditions for us photographers.

D800: 24-70mm; f-4; ISO-100: 10 sec

View attachment 19644

Ruidoso Bill

very very nice, that's a wall hanger for sure! I see you used your 24-70 f2.8, looking good on the wide end. I hope to order one this week.

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
very very nice, that's a wall hanger for sure! I see you used your 24-70 f2.8, looking good on the wide end. I hope to order one this week.

You're in for a surprise, a good one. That lens will stick to your 800 like glue. It is a wonderful lens that has qualities that no other lenses have, difficult to explain and measure, but very sharp but gentle on skin...

RockyNH_RIP

dave, all are superb!! I love the vivid colors! I would be framing those had I taken them... Thanks for sharing!

pat in NH

(drooling over the brighyt lights!)

Tami Jo

TJ....aren't you ever on your home computer?? lol ;) All I ever see is Tapatalk! :)

LOL Jack! I am now :p It seems I am always on the run and not at home much lately...
But I am so glad that I can catch up via Tapatalk. Just think if Willie C. never mentioned it I'd be missin' out on the latest updates.

Dave_W

The Dude
I can't view the attachments for some reason. :(

Sorry about that but after I saw these images splattered all over Google, I pulled them down. My plan is to replace them with my website watermark, as Rick suggested, in an effort to get free advertisement for the site.
In the meantime, they can all be found in the "Night Photography" section HERE. And yes, I realize these still do not have watermarks but will very shortly.