B stop

janfe

I used to use the b stop on my old SLRs often but I have been unable to find the equivalent on any of my compact digital Nikon cameras. Is there some way of making a long exposure that I am missing or is the b stop gone for ever?

Montana Michael

if you switch to manual mode you can then change the shutter speed by spinning the little dial to the right of view screen. sorry for not knowing the technical name of the little wheel i just know what it does. the camera will let you choose a shutter speed up to 30 seconds long or you can spin the knob until its in bulb mode. haven't used bulb yet so not sure how that works. hope this is what you were asking, i am pretty new here so again i don't know all the technical jargon i just experiment a lot.

janfe

Hi to all and thanks for your tips.

I am using a P7700 and a S9200. Just got the P7700 and I love it even though it has a few too many functions for my poor memory. I had also hoped the manual focus would be more like the old SLRs but I suppose that was a bit dumb of me. Still it does everything I want and more, takes great pictures and is compact which was my main wish. I do tend to compare my digital cameras to old SLRs so when features like the B stop is missing I notice it. I shall look into what's been proposed and get back to you in due course ... thanks

Jan