Loud shutter noise

LinBo

I just got this camera and feel disappointed with several features so far. I guess one at a time. It is really LOUD when it takes a shot. I wanted a shot of wildlife nearby and the camera was so loud when it took the shot it scared everything away. How do I shut the sound off? Also it is really slow to show me a preview of the shot. Why the delay?

Somersetscott

Erm what camera is it?

Shutter noise - unless it is electronically enhanced then you cannot remove the noise.

Rate of preview is either the camera's onboard hardware being slow (try checking for software updates for your camera - sometimes things like this get sorted out with an update) and also SD cards can be slow - cheap are usually nasty (that said i don't have an expensive one - lower range but not dirt cheap and it is fine)

Food for thought - please tell us the model and lenses you're using I'm sure a member with the same will guide you better :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

fotojack

It never ceases to amaze me! Some people will come on here and ask a question without giving us any details about what camera they have, where they're from....and expect an answer. How about this: try reading your friggin' manual! Every question you will be answered in the manual.

Try helping yourself before looking for answers elsewhere. It's frustrating and unnecessary to even try answering any questions without having any details.

pedroj

Try helping yourself before looking for answers elsewhere. It's frustrating and unnecessary to even try answering any questions without having any details.

Yes it happens all the time...

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I just got this camera and feel disappointed with several features so far. I guess one at a time. It is really LOUD when it takes a shot. I wanted a shot of wildlife nearby and the camera was so loud when it took the shot it scared everything away. How do I shut the sound off? Also it is really slow to show me a preview of the shot. Why the delay?

Just try this and the noise will drop considerably and the camera will be super fast too:

Remember to do it in the right order.

Somersetscott

Hahaha, some of the feedback on this site has me in hysterics - funny but harsh... I doubt we will hear what the model & lenses were now :rolleyes:

Just-Clayton

Yes! It is important to read the manual. I think I read mine three times.so far. I wanted to know how most things worked before I ask a question. Also if you don't get a chance to fill out your info at least tell us in your post what you have.

Just-Clayton

I did just notice they were posting in the 3200 category. So, I just checked the shutter noise on my 3100 and even in the quiet mode it is still noticeable. Not much you can do.

AC016

Seeing as the op is posting in the 3200 section, i would say that is what cam they have. Tsk tsk on the mods. It may be frustrating, but new people should not be dealt with like that. op, if ur camera is beeping, u can turn that off. Delayed preview may be because you took a burst of shots and its takes some seconds to write to the card. If you find yourself getting so close that camera noise is scaring the wildlife away, you need to get a telephoto lens so u dont have to get so close. Gud luck

Somersetscott

It is not possible in mobile phone viewing to see category - best to post model & lenses as a good code of practice if you are seeking particular functionality advice.
Hope the threadstarter hasn't been scared off.

fotojack

Hey....I'm not perfect. I was having a bad day. I shouldn't have jumped down his throat, but.........you wouldn't believe how many questions we get like that! It gets frustrating after awhile. If he comes back, I'll apologize.......but he should still read his manual!

Well if it is a 3200 its very quiet compaired to a 7000 ..I often fire my standby 3200 when I am talking to Church Ministers and they dont hear it just to illustrate its so quiet....
Hope the new D7200 is as quiet ..when we get it .....