Finally got off the wallet

Knave

After much ado about not much, decided on purchasing the d3100 w/ kit lens from Cameta Camera. Just finished order for refurbished at $380 delivered and the wife and I have chosen to give it to our daughter on her 16th BD next month.

We're gonna test drive the 3100 and then come first of the year we'll decide then on either the d5100 or d7000 for the big kids. With the new year and Xmas I'm hoping the prices take a nice dip.

Knave

The nice part of "the plan" is we're giving a 16 yr old her first digital SLR and it's nice enough to take her thru to college. Since she was about 12 she's monopolized my Olympus OM 1, using up roll after roll of cheap film shooting whatever strikes a young girls fancy. She had to learn everything about a manual only camera (gotta love not having to ever buy batteries). I did good with this one.....she's earned it.

It's great your giving your daughter the D3100 after you test drive it. But maybe you should wait and see what Nikon introduces early next year for your big kids toy. There might by then be a new D5200 or the much anticipated D7100!

Knave

Well.....so much for great plans. Cameta did their part and handed over the camera to FedEx. And now? It's in a FedEx center in New York just sitting there. No idea when it will make it out of NY because of the storm.

Do I have great timing or what?

Knave

Wouldn't it be something if she continues to use the Oly instead of the D3100? hahaha

She loves that camera. So much in fact I seriously considered waiting until next year to purchase the new Olympus OM-D E-M5 (in black/silver trim of course). The wife using the voice of sanity kept me grounded and spring for the Nikon.