My D-90 won't record video

iwannarock

Recently upgraded my SD card from SanDisk 32GB (which got corrupted) to Lexar 64GB 400x Speed. After formatting the card with the camera, all was ok. I just now discovered that I can't record movie anymore. I don't know if this icon appeared right after I bought the new SD card which was a week ago or it started right now. I read the manual and it says that this icon means that there isn't space on the card to shoot video, but the card it wide empty with full capacity untouched. The minutes limit for the video on the LV screen is 00.00.00. Which means I can't shoot even a second, in addition to the crossed REC icon. I tired formatting the card again, taking a few pictures, and even placing the old card back, but none worked out, which makes me think that the issue is with the camera now and not the card.

Can you please let me know if I'm missing out on something? Or does my camera need to be repaired?

AC016

It coudl be the fact that your new card is SDXC, which is a format that was introduced years after the D90. Therefore, it may not be 100% compatible with your camera, especially since it is high capacity. I suggest you get another SDHC card and test it that way. I am thinking that your camera does not need repair, just the proper SD card. So, it's worth testing it with a new SDHC card.

Steve Guzman

Yep! That's it. Took me a long time to realize that while I could capture stills on an SDXC the D90 will only let you record video on an SDHC. I pulled out my 64gb card and replaced it with an old 4gb card I had and then BLAMMO! Video!!! Ugly, grainy, unfocused video.