Replace/add lenses regarding move from D7000 to D800?

bellibone

Would be grateful for your advice in regards to LENSES.
Working with Nikon D800 (had some lenses from owning D7000)

What lenses do I need to add/replace now that I'm working with the D800. I guess 1st and foremost the 35mm - which should now be a prime???
My eyes are starting to cross. One blaring missing lens, I know, is 70-200 but now that I'm thinking I need to replace some of the cropped lenses, before considering purchasing (one day) 70-200.
Any advice? please!
I currently own:
50mm 1:4
17-35mm 2:8 ED (not DX)
24-70mm 2:8 (not DX)
Micro 105mm 2:8 ED (not DX)
35mm 1:8 DX
18-105mm DX
55-300 DX
Fisheye Nikkor 10.5mm 2:8 ED (DX ED Fisheye)
THANK YOU TO ANYONE!!

Dave_W

The Dude
This is a question that only *you* can answer. Kind of like asking what kind of photographer should you be - a portrait photographer or a landscape photographer or a nature photographer or maybe an underwater photographer. Landscape photographers need very different sets of lenses than do portrait photographers. It's a very personal choice and one that would guide your choice of lenses. What kind of photography are you most interested in and what do you plan to photograph with your lens/camera outfit?

One thing I can say with the information you've given is that you should get rid of all your DX lenses and stick with only FX lenses. It's counter-productive and turns your D800 into a D7000.

co2jae

If it was me, I'd sell the DX and invest the $$ into FX. There should be plenty of needy DX buyers (myself included) who could help you out.