New member and new to Nikon

Bullittman

Hello my name is Jeff, I really enjoy cars, fishing, and trying my hand at photography. I am really looking forward to browsing around and learning as much as I can from everyone. My wife Recently purchased a D7000, SB-700 speed flash, 70-300mm zoom and of course the 18-105mm lens for me, I have the 50mm f1.8 coming but on back order. With the edition of a Camranger wifi set up, I am now looking for a good tri-pod that will let me get low as well a decent height.

Bullittman

Tami Jo thanks for the tripod suggestion, that looks like a pretty good combo.

Pat thanks for the welcome I look forward to hanging out here often

Bullittman

Yes as in Bullitt the car and Steve McQueen. I have an 01, an 08 and one of these days I will own either a 67 or 68 that I will do as a clone.
You are the first person on any forum to ask me that.

Welcome to Nikonites. Great people and fantastic information here!
In 1973 while stationed at Fort Polk LA. I bought a barely used Green 1968 Ford Mustang GT 390 with the S Code 390V8 4V and a Muncie M-21 4 speed tranny. The car was ungodly quick. Traded it in 2 years later for a lightly used 1970 Ford Boss 302 Mustang while I was stationed at Ft Carson CO. I have had a total of 5 different "Stangs" over the years, none newer than a 1973 351C Mach 1. And none faster than a 1970 Shelby GT 350 Cobra. Though I did buy my daughter a 2004 Mustang GT when she graduated from college!

Bullittman

Well in 2001 my wife wanted a new Mustang, her only requirement was it had to be a V8 and 5 speed only one we could find was the Bullitt edition! That car started our Mustang fever and opened our eyes to the knowledge and good people on Forums (IMBOC.com) is still among my favorite places to go on the web. Since that day we have owned 5 different mustangs, all but one a Bullitt edition. We still have our original 01 that was totaled two days after we paid it off and was rebuilt.

Ok enough about cars on a nikon Forum, I picked up a Manfrotto MK293A3-A3RC1 tripod. I can flip the center column to get right down on the ground. I will probably never get close to it's capacity which means I can hang weight low for stability if needed. I can upgrade the head later with a good ball unit as an upgrade but in the mean time I have a nice solid base to work with.

fotojack

Welcome to the forum, Jeff. Glad to have you aboard. Just so ya know...from now on, you'll be known as Jeff #3. :) We have 3 of you with the same name in here! lol So as not to get confused as to who we're talking to, we've taken to numbering you guys! :)

Bullittman

Thanks for the welcome Jack. The other two Jeff's are probably smarter than me so you could call them Jeff, Jeff 2, and call me dumb Jeff.

Ok that is a little harsh even coming fom myself I guess Jeff 3 it is! I bet the other two are actually Jeffery, I am Jeffrey :)

Hey I didn't say retarded... hahaha
And your not as pretty as Ann Coulter so you can't get away with calling people retarded either! ;)

Attachments

• ann-coulter.jpg
    ann-coulter.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 56

fotojack

Thanks for the welcome Jack. The other two Jeff's are probably smarter than me so you could call them Jeff, Jeff 2, and call me dumb Jeff.

Ok that is a little harsh even coming fom myself I guess Jeff 3 it is! I bet the other two are actually Jeffery, I am Jeffrey :)

lol...no, they're all Jeff's. :) It's all good, bud. :)

Dooku77

Yes as in Bullitt the car and Steve McQueen. I have an 01, an 08 and one of these days I will own either a 67 or 68 that I will do as a clone.
You are the first person on any forum to ask me that.

I like to see people's user names. Caught my eye when I saw it and for some reason there's been a lot of talk about that chase seen on tv lately.

Willie C