Testing my fairly new 50mm f/1.8 AF-S FX lens !

Tell me what you think, please, all advice greatly appreciated! :D
Took this shot this morning while waiting for the sun to rise.
Taken with my D3100 and 50mm f/1.8 lens
10 minutes before sunrise @ ISO-800 f/3.2 Exposure Time = 1/100"
DSC_0008-54.jpg

One bit of advice I need, is how to make the above picture appear larger on here,
not when you click on it but as it appears here .. Thank you!

Bill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick M

Bill, I think I would shoot this at various f stops to see which comes out the best. This is a good shot, but might have benifited from a bit more DoF. With a lens that wide you might not need f11, but I would have worked my way up to f8.

fotojack

DSC_0008-54.jpg

What I did here is save the photo....resized it with Irfanview to fit the screen....saved it....uploaded it here. Is this what you wanted?

When you click on the photo, you will see the new size, which is larger than your original.

Last edited:
My latest photo with my 50mm f/1.8 taken 24-Oct-2012 just before sunrise across the St Johns River in Jacksonville, Florida of Friendship Fountain and some buildings on the South Bank River Walk.
68075_535966133087599_586796072_n.jpg

stmv

I like the light on the second shot better, the first shot you can adjust the exposure in PS a bit brighter, both are nice and sharp. I tend to take city night shots right past sunset or just prior to sunrise.

I like the light on the second shot better, the first shot you can adjust the exposure in PS a bit brighter, both are nice and sharp. I tend to take city night shots right past sunset or just prior to sunrise.

I don't actually do any PS yet as I'm not real tech savvy. I am considering getting LightRoom 4 though.

I have the same lens in my Cart on Amazon.. just gotta pull the trigger! :)
(Soon I think

It took me about 6 months of soul searching to finally pull the trigger on this lens. Since I have gotten it, it hasn't been off of my D3100 once. It's actually almost replaced my 55-300mm as my favorite all around lens. At $219.00 you can't go wrong with it.

RockyNH_RIP

I don't actually do any PS yet as I'm not real tech savvy. I am considering getting LightRoom 4 though.

I am not too savvy BUT... I have been playing with LR4 and like what i see. It will easily adjust exposure and many other things. You can download a demo (fully function) good for 30 days and there are a ton of How To video's on youtube. I am working wioth the demo now..

Pat in NH